Main features of Exchange 2010:
- Exchange Federation: Allows cross-premise sharing of resources including federated messages and calendar sharing both within and outside an organization.
- Support For SATA: Exchange 2010 can utilize Serial Advanced Technology Attachment desktop-class hard-disk drives.
- Database Availability Groups: Databases can be grouped together so that they use continuous replication to provide automatic disaster recovery.
- Role-Based Access Control: Via the Windows PowerShell, Exchange admins can designate certain administrative roles to end users, such as Organization Management.
- Exchange Control Panel: ECP is a Web-based interface that enables users to “self-help” themselves. Users can perform tasks as varied as running delivery reports to managing distribution groups.
- Device Security: Per-user mobile device policies can be set, such as allowing attachments to specifying PIN requirements. Admins can also deem which mobile device can sync and which to block.
- Mail Tips: This feature walks a user through ” checking” a message before sending to avoid potentially embarrassing sent messages.
- Conversation View: Related messages pertaining to a specific conversation can be filtered in a threaded view.